CAREER LIFE CONNECTIONS 12 (CLC)
CLC 12 focuses on applying personal career-life management knowledge, skills, and strategies to one’s own personal life journey. Students will assess their personal transferable skills and identify their strengths and those skills that require further refinement and explore possibilities for preferred personal and education/employment futures. Throughout this process students will Reflect on experiences in school and out of school, assess development in the Core Competencies, and assemble evidence to present in their Capstone.
Expectations for 2020-2021
CAREER CONNECTIONS 12 – (2 credits)- Sessions held during AM FLEX (8:45-9:15 am) in the Multi-Purpose room (MPR).
- Every Grade 12 student must attend 4 CLC group sessions:
- Quarter 1 1 session- COMPLETED
- Quarter 2 2 sessions- dates will be posted.
- Quarter 3 1 session – date will be posted
- One 1 individual appointment with Ms. Deitch.
- Times and groups will be posted in the Career Centre.
- Present Capstone on April 23rd, 2021.
ASSESSMENT DUE DATES
- Who Am I? November 6, 2020
- Review Core Competencies December 18, 2020
- What are my Opportunities? January 22,2021
5% Interview (one on one) times and dates will be posted. March 12, 2021
10% Written Capstone Plan April 9, 2021
40% Capstone Presentation APRIL 23, 2021
25% Post- Graduation Plan (choose one) May 27, 2021
5% Reflection June 4, 2021
Must be included in your presentation:
- Several pieces of evidence (ones you have collected and attached to your Capstone Plan).Examples: Work Experience evaluation, travel-pictures, a journal, certificates, letters of reference etc.2.
- Must have a visual aspect to your presentation.3
- What were your plans for the future in Grade 10? – (graduation, career ideas, living and financial arrangements etc.).
- What are your plans now that you are in Grade 12- post-secondary education, job, travel, gap year.
- What experiences led you to your post-graduation plan. BE SPECIFIC
- Who are the significant mentors who have guided you on this journey? How did they guide you?
ALL ASSIGNMENTS WILL BE FOUND IN THE CLC 12 TEAM.
Please check your school email for any notices.
If you have any questions or concerns,
contact Ms. Deitch firstname.lastname@example.org
or come to the Career Centre
showcase and celebrate.” Ministry of Education, British Columbia