CAREER LIFE CONNECTIONS 11 (CLC 11)
The purpose of this course is to help students identify their strengths and interests, familiarize themselves with post-secondary options and explore possible career paths.
This course focuses on applying personal career-life management knowledge, skills, and strategies to one’s own personal life journey. Students will assess their personal transferable skills and identify their strengths and those skills that require further refinement and explore possibilities for preferred personal and education/employment futures. Throughout this process students will reflect on experiences in school and out of school, assess development in the Core Competencies, and begin to assemble evidence of their learning journey.
Expectations for 2022-2023
CAREER CONNECTIONS 11 – (2 credits needed for Graduation) – Sessions held during the Friday Flex Time times (8:35 am – 9:20 am in one of the Gyms)
- Every Grade 11 student is part of a CLC 11 Team in Microsoft Teams. It is important that students check this Team regularly for updates on session date as well as assignments and their due dates.
- All 5 sessions are MANDATORY and held in a Gym.
- Session 1- October 14th
- Session 2 – November 18th
- Session 3 – January 13th
- Session 4 – March 31st
- Session 5 – May 5th
Students are expected to complete all assignments on time in the CLC 11 Team. They will receive a final grade for this course in June 2023.
CLC 11 Teachers: Please email us if you have any questions or come by the Career Centre.
- Students whose last name is between A – La (inclusive)
- Ms. Gingras – Cynthia.firstname.lastname@example.org and
- Ms. Manning – Jennifer.email@example.com
- Student whose last name is between Le – Z (inclusive)
- Ms. Deitch – firstname.lastname@example.org