30 hours of Career Exploration Work Experience
WORK EXPERIENCE 12A COURSE (4 Cedits)
The course includes:
- 30 hours Career Exploration (Grad Requirement) + 50 hours of Work Experience
- Career Exploration and Work Experiences organized and facilitated by the Career Centre teachers
- Hours may be completed between summer before Grade 11 and June of Grade 12 year mainly outside of school time (weekends, spring break, summer break etc.)
- Earn a Study Block in your Grade 12 timetable or choose as a 9thcourse
BENEFITS: Career Life Connections Career Exploration, Resume, Scholarships, Work Experience, Job Interview Skills, Part-Time Employment, Professional Contacts, Capstone Presentation, References, Post-Secondary Applications . . .
The Burnaby Mountain Career Centre is located across from the main office.
The Career Centre is open every day from 9am – 3:30pm
HOW CAN I FIND OUT ABOUT WORK EXPERIENCE OPPORTUNITIES?
There are numerous ways to find out about the various Work Experience opportunities available to students in their Grade 11 & 12 year (students can start the summer before Grade 11!)
- Students can pick up a copy of the weekly Career Centre News in the Career Centre.
- Parents and Students can access the Career Centre News – published daily in the Burnaby Mountain Online School Bulletin (see the link on the right-hand side of the school home page)
- Join the Career Centre Group in the Mountain Connect App
Career Education Advisors