The first day of Semester 2 classes is Monday, January 30, 2023.
Checking Schedules for Semester 2
Attached you will find important information on how to check your child’s schedule for Semester 2. Please note that in Semester 2, the AM classes are PERIODS 5 and 6, and the PM classes are PERIODS 7 and 8. Please remind your child to print, write down, or keep their schedule saved on their phone.
BMSS 2022 – 2023 Schedule (Semester 2)
First Week of Classes
Flex Time will also begin on Monday, January 30th, 2023.
All Students are expected to be in a supervised learning space if they are on campus during Flex Time. For an overview of Flex Expectations, please click here: Flex Expectations
Semester One Report Cards
Semester One Report Cards will be posted in MyEd by 3:00 pm on Friday, February 3rd. Report cards will be posted on Monday February 6th. Please contact your child(ren)’s teacher if you have any questions about their report card.
Online Course Selection (Grades 9-11) begins Monday
Grade 9 – 11 course selection presentations are now complete. All information can be found here: https://mountain.burnabyschools.ca/course-selection-2/
Grade 8 Course Selection Presentations/My Ed computer assistance
We are planning to meet with two grade 8 classes at a time in the MPR between February 1st – 6th to provide a brief presentation, as well as offer students support as they login to MyEd to choose their Grade 9 courses.
My Ed course selection portal opens for all students on January 30 and closes on February 10. Any changes after, February 10th need to be made through your counsellor. We have sent this information via e-mail to all students, and it is also posted on our website.
Next year’s schedule will continue to be semester, so students should make their choices with this in mind. Thank you all for your feedback. A summary of the BMSS community feedback will be available shortly on our website.
Course Selection Instructions for MyEd
- To enter your course selections, first select, ‘My Info,’ tab on the top page then click on the, ‘Requests’ tab on the left side.
- Once in My Ed, carefully read the Information and Instructions at the top of the page.
- To make Course Selections click on the ‘Select’ button.
- To confirm your selections, click on the ‘Post’ button. You can continue to make changes until the close date- February 10th. We ask that you complete your course changes during this time. Any changes made after -February 10thwill need to be made through your counsellor.
- You may also use the, “Notes to Counselor,’ at the bottom of the page -to let them know about courses you plan on taking during Summer school or other information.
Click the here for more information. https://mountain.burnabyschools.ca/course-selection-2/